Java Help

GigaGreg

Moderator
None, you simply skip learning java as it is useless to make games and programs with, best example: Minecraft, Wakfu and Dofus (From Ankama Studio). There is no need to learn and use Java as it uses too much of computer resources, which simply means that you should avoid programming with Java.
 

brakdag

New member
If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.
 

brakdag

New member
iRoastinq said:
brakdag said:
If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.
Maybe for some people but I am not one of those people. I am a visual learner so I have to look at how its done not the other way around mate
I think the way to learn is very easy, you can first watch videos on the internet if you are very visual, then you need to see what the experts do and copy them, but experts do not make videos on youtube, you have to see and copy their code that They do. The code form experts are in the repositories. Like github.
 

iRoastinq

New member
brakdag said:
iRoastinq said:
brakdag said:
If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.
Maybe for some people but I am not one of those people. I am a visual learner so I have to look at how its done not the other way around mate
I think the way to learn is very easy, you can first watch videos on the internet if you are very visual, then you need to see what the experts do and copy them, but experts do not make videos on youtube, you have to see and copy their code that The generate are in the repositories. Like github.

Ok. I will do that. I used https://www.codecademy.com/
 

GigaGreg

Moderator
So, you are talking about Java Script, which is indeed used for web development, not Java. In this case, Code Academy, Khan Academy and W3 Schools and other tutorials are good for learning.
 

iRoastinq

New member
GigaGreg said:
So, you are talking about Java Script, which is indeed used for web development, not Java. In this case, Code Academy, Khan Academy and W3 Schools and other tutorials are good for learning.

I would also like to learn Java as I am wanting to make minecraft plugins (I know what you're thinking lol). But yes I do want to learn JS along with Java.
 

ghasemeng

New member
JAVA language is very good!
I suggest you learn common knowledge programming first. such as control and conditions commands that are common in all language.
you should write codes again and again!you should be dirty hand!
also,you should write a few real programs to see its result.by this way, you can sense it very better.
good luck
 

ecow

New member
The language doesn't matter so much as the concepts. OOP, which is what Java is, is what I think you should look at first, although Java is making steps toward functional programming nowadays :clapping:
 

Genesis

Administrator
ecow said:
The language doesn't matter so much as the concepts. OOP, which is what Java is, is what I think you should look at first, although Java is making steps toward functional programming nowadays :clapping:

I heard good things about Java every where for that very reason perhaps. Looks as though it's become an important tool to master if one is into serious web development these days.
 

fersan1908

New member
Someone told you something like "skip learning Java". I don't agree that.
Maybe it wont be your best languaje in the future, however if you learn it you'll have enought knowledge and you'll be able to code in whatevere languaje you want. keep learning friend. PD: it takes more than 3m. be patient
 
Top